Monday, April 14, 2008

Antelope Island Adventure

So Justin has been in a very adventurous mood lately. Always wanting to go out and discover new things. He asked me if we could go out to Antelope Island because it had been years since our last visit. So Saturday we packed up the car and Justin, Ashton, and I made our way north. It was about noon when we left and I had a hair appointment at 3:30 so I figured we had plenty of time... boy was I wrong. We got on I-15 and when we hit Centerville it was bumper to bumper traffic (at noon on a Saturday???). SO what should have taken us 20 minutes ended up taking us about 1 hour to get there. We finally made it to the fee box to get on to the cause way. Justin was SO excited at this point. It is so beautiful out there, I really should take him more often. We drove toward the island and Justin was reading the brochure of every activity we could do. I thought we would visit the beach, look for some buffalo, and then hopefully grab some lunch. When we got to the parking at the beach I was discouraged when I saw how low the water line was. It was literally a 1 mile walk to the water from the parking... OK, I'm idiotically in high heals and now have to walk 1 mile in the sand... but off we went! Justin ran as fast as he could to get to the water, I on the other hand was trying to maneuver walking in sand while holding an infant, my purse, my camera and my shoes (which had to come off because walking in sand with heals in impossible!!). We finally made it to the water! So I grabbed my camera to take some cute pictures and it was DEAD!! I had been taking pictures all day but of course as soon as I'm on a desert island with no batteries to be found it decides to die... oh well... on to plan B! I grabbed my cell phone and started taking pictures... not quite what I had in mind, but they really did turn out cute! We ended up spending all the time we had at the beach and didn't get to go exploring for buffalo, so I told Justin we'd come back in a couple of weeks and spend the day there. So... more pictures (hopefully from my camera!!) to come!

0 comments: