Friday, April 4, 2008

Ashton Scott





















On 01/23/2008 we welcomed Ashton Scott Hurst Stewart into our lives. He is lovingly known by several names in our house...such as: Booga, Chubbo, Buggy, Lover Face, Brother, Ash Man, Ashes, Baby...hmmm. I wonder if Ashton will ever answer his to his own name?? LOL!!
I feel like my Ashton is such a blessing. I had Justin 8 years (almost to the day) earlier and I figured I would always be a mother of one perfect son. Surprise!!! I get another perfect son! Just when you think you have it all figured out, nature has a funny way of playing tricks on you. I couldn't be happier.

So Ashton didn't have a "real" name until he was 1 day old. If any of you know Mark, you know that he is the MOST indecisive man on the planet. He called my belly "Connor" for months, then decided he didn't like that name as well as Ashton... then about 2 weeks before the birth he was back on Connor... then at the hospital we decided to go back to Ashton because we couldn't decide on a spelling for Connor (I like "OR" and Mark like "ER"). Poor baby was probably so confused!! Ashton fits him though! And truth be told... I always liked Ashton lots better than Connor, but if I had told Mark that he would have stood firm with "his decision" because that's just the way guys are, right?!?!
Ashton is such a flirt!! When he smiles he'll crinkle his forehead and nose! SO CUTE! He loves to be held upright so he can look around. I call him my passenger because as long as he's being held doing whatever needs to be done, he's happy! The other day I tried to put him in a baby carrier strapped to me (like a knock off baby Bjorn)... he wouldn't have anything to do with it! I guess just wasn't the same.

Ashton started at Puddle Jumpers daycare on Monday. That was SO hard!! He has been at Kindercare for the past 4 weeks, but the price and location just weren't working. I was so sad to leave because the girls there absolutely adored him. I have been pleasantly surprised with Puddle Jumpers though! They were so excited he was coming and had everything already labeled for him before we showed up. They took a "1st day" picture and also gave me a "Parent's Survival Kit". So far, I'm very happy with them. They seem to love my Buggy!

1 comments:

Dunns said...

He's so cute!! I love the pic of him curled up in his boppy with a bandaid on his leg. ;) You really are blessed--he is the happiest baby. Let me know when you need a babysitter again!!